Additional information required when adding a client
Sometimes, you might see a message asking you to provide some additional information on one of your clients. This means that we're still trying to process their identity checks. First, we recommend refreshing the page, as sometimes our system might need a little more time to complete the process.
If you can still see the message, we will need some more information to verify your client’s identity before we can finish setting up their account. Please email a photo or scan of one of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An Identity Verification Certificate (IVC) signed by a regulated individual (there's a template below, but please feel free to use your own firm’s template).
- A copy of their UK driving license with a current address.
- A copy of a photo ID, such as a passport, and a proof of address document (this can be a utility bill, bank statement, or a letter from a government body). We'll need to see the header of the letter including their name and address, and it must be dated within the last three months.
For clients born outside of the UK
If your client's country of birth is not the UK, we are required to gather some additional information.
As such, before we can finish setting up their account, you will need to send us an email confirming the following:
- What are your client’s reasons for investing in Octopus Choice?
- What is the source of the funds your client is looking to invest?
- If your client has any financial interests or assets outside the UK, please provide further details.
Once we’ve confirmed these details, we’ll get your client’s account set up.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email at email@example.com.